Installing Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Client on Fedora 8
The Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Client is a remote access client that allows people to connect to applications available on central servers. The purpose of this how-to is to resolve the "missing dependency : libXm.so.3" problem that you face when attempting to install it on Fedora 8.
Applicable to Fedora Versions
- Fedora Core 8
- Correct certificates
Doing the Work
In order to install Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Client on Fedora 8, you must obtain, not install, the package named openmotif-2.3.0-0.1.9.3.i386.rpm. That package can be found by searching rpm databases such as www.rpmfind.net or simply by going to http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/i386/
Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Client can be downloaded at http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?dID=2755&downloadID=3323&pID=186
*Do NOT install the openmotif package!
- Upon downloading both packages, switch to the /tmp folder:
- Extract the contents of the openmotif rpm package in the /tmp folder:
- Copy the required extracted file to the library folder:
su -c 'cp ./usr/lib/libXm.so.4.0.0 /usr/lib'
- Next, you must create the required symbolic links by issuing the following two commands:
su -c 'ln -s libXm.so.4.0.0 libXm.so.4'
su -c 'ln -s libXm.so.4.0.0 libXm.so.3'
- Install the Citrix MetaFrame Client by issuing the following command:
su -c 'rpm -ivh ICAClient-10.6-1.i386.rpm --nodeps'
su -c 'rpm2cpio openmotif-2.3.0-0.1.9.3.i386.rpm | cpio -ivd'
Certification Error after successful installation
- Obtain the certifications by going to http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root_certificates/index.asp
- Copy the correct .cer file to /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
cp ./Download/*.cer /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
We test this stuff on our own machines, really we do. But you may run into problems, if you do, come to #fedora on irc.freenode.net