Netbeans IDE install
This will show how to install the opensource Java IDE Netbeans. One of the more popular and easy to install IDE's with lots of additional features.
Applicable to Fedora Versions
- Fedora Core 6
- Sun Java Development Kit 6
- Fedora Core x86 Installation
Doing the Work
Basic description of what will be done and what is expected.
- Download Netbeans from the following website. (*bin file and is approx 53.5 MB in size) http://www.netbeans.org/
- Once the file is downlaoded, Open a terminal .
Now change to the directory /opt.
- Execute the installation by performing the following.
- Following the previous steps will install the netbeans to the /opt directory, should you wish to install it to a different location, replace that location with the one in step 3.
su -c 'sh netbeans-5_5_1-linux.bin'
How to test
- To test go to the gnome or kde menu and click on the application located here. Applications -> Programming -> Netbeans 5.5.1 Or
Adjust your command to the install directory that you chose.
Common problems and fixes
Describe common problems here, include links to known common problems if on another site
- To uninstall a previous version run the uninstaller program.
su -c 'sh /opt/netbeans-5.5/_uninst/uninstaller'
We test this stuff on our own machines, really we do. But you may run into problems, if you do, come to #fedora on irc.freenode.net